In 2020, Levi Strauss & Co. announced its commitment to diversify our workforce. We’re proud to release our 2022 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Impact Report and pleased to share that we are making significant progress against our goals.
“We recognize that cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace is an ongoing journey,” said Elizabeth A. Morrison, LS&Co.’s chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer. “We’re committed to continuing to listen, learn and take action to create sustainable change that will positively impact our employee experience and culture through DE&I.”
Highlights from the 2022 DE&I Impact Report
The following are just a few of the accomplishments covered in today’s report:
- Representation at LS&Co.:
- Executives: Globally, our executive leadership team remained majority women. Within the U.S., we saw an increase in both our Asian and Hispanic/Latinx populations.
- Top management: We saw the greatest overall growth of women globally within our top management ranks, while representation of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) continues to rise, with notable increases in our Asian, Black and Hispanic/Latinx populations.
- Corporate: Our corporate workforce continues to be more diverse in race/ethnicity and gender, with representation of women slightly increasing. In the U.S., Black and Hispanic/Latinx talent continue to drive representation growth, leading to greater racial diversity.
- Frontline workers: Globally, representation of women among frontline workers decreased slightly. In the U.S., this population continues to be more racially diverse, driven by increases in Asian and Hispanic/Latinx talent.
- In 2022, we developed and delivered two efficacy talent development programs — LS&Co. Lab and Elevate: Accelerate Your Career — to empower future leaders. These programs, which 35 employees took part in last year, are just two of the many offerings LS&Co. now provides its employees to empower and develop future leaders.
- In our 2022 inclusion survey, 81% of employees said that they felt a strong sense of belonging, respect and feeling that they can be themselves at work, reflecting the incredible bond our employees have with our culture and our values.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) reached new heights in 2022, the community expanding to include Rivet Europe, a women’s ERG in Europe, and BeYou Alliance, an LGBTQIA+ ERG in AMA. Membership also increased by 33% across the global community.
- We expanded our global equity programs to include a U.S. standardized relocation policy; enhanced global parental and paid leave policies; facilities inclusion and gender transitioning guidelines; and an LS&Co. accessibility initiative.
Behind The Seams
Our president and CEO Chip Bergh; our executive vice president of human resources, Tracy Layney; and Elizabeth A. Morrison our chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer recently shared their reflections on our progress in DE&I at LS&Co. and the advances we’ve made in cultivating our culture of inclusion and belonging. Watch the video below to see their perspectives.
Our Continued Commitment
While we’re pleased with our progress on our journey, we must strive to ensure that it is sustainable, bolstered by a culture of belonging and a rewarding global employee experience. The road ahead may be long, but with each step we take we are collectively creating a stronger LS&Co. where all our employees can thrive for another 170 years.
Download and read our full 2022 DE&I Impact Report to learn more.