The Financial Times recently honored Levi Strauss & Co. with its Boldness in Business award in the category of corporate responsibility and environment. The honor recognizes entrepreneurial risk-taking and innovation on a global scale. This year, we were honored for our values-driven work in both sustainability and innovation.
As LS&Co. President and CEO Chip Bergh told the Times, “Companies ‘had almost a moral obligation’ to address social issues. If you sit on the sidelines on some of these things, you’re not really doing what companies have the potential to do.”
The Boldness in Business awards spotlights some of our more progressive social positions around sustainability and innovation, including:
– The work out of our Eureka Innovation Lab, particularly our Future Finish customization process that utilizes a jeans-finishing laser technology that uses thousands less chemicals than before
– Our global supply chain Terms of Engagement
– Our advocacy for U.S. Congress to act on common sense gun safety legislation
– Signing on to support of the Paris Agreement
– Rallying other companies to join the nonpartisan voter turnout initiative, Time to Vote
We are proud that The Financial Times recognized these efforts by awarding LS&Co. this year’s honor.