In 2020, LS&Co. made a commitment to advance equality through our hiring, retention, and promotion practices. We’ve since made significant strides to meet that commitment and build a workforce that better represents our consumers, while ensuring that our employees feel a true sense of belonging.
Today, we’re proud to release our first-ever Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Impact Report for 2021, which outlines our progress across the board, including our hiring and retaining of talented professionals from underrepresented groups and our continued efforts to understand the identities, intersectionalities and experiences of our employees worldwide across our corporate, retail, distribution centers and plants.
Hear more from Elizabeth A. Morrison, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Highlights from our 2021 DE&I Impact Report
Our first step in doubling down on our global commitment to DE&I was to define a clear, multi-faceted, global strategy to help our executives and employees around the world understand the journey we were about to embark on together and highlight our collective responsibility, action and impact.
Some of the highlights and insights you’ll find in our 2021 DE&I Impact Report, include:
- In 2020, we made a commitment to advance equality through our hiring, retention, and promotion practices. As a result, in the U.S., we’re now more racially diverse than a year ago, with notable increases in our Black and Latinx populations.
- Overall, we’re a larger organization, with growth across our corporate and frontline populations. We saw a decrease in the overall percentage of representation for women (less than 2%), yet more than 50% of our population are still women.
- We made notable increases in the representation of women across our executive and top management levels.
- We wove more diversity into our talent pipeline with our University and Diversity Recruiting team augmenting our hiring and broadening the net by focusing on inclusive recruiting while providing employees with dynamic career growth opportunities
- Employees took #thepledge as our collective commitment to action, and everyone – from our retail stores to our C-suite – participated in targeted training efforts, working together to define how we’ll do more to bring inclusion to life at LS&Co.
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups flourished in 2021 with over 8,800 employees attending 140+ global virtual events.
- We also expanded the dimensions of diversity we support with the launch of new initiatives supporting veterans and military members.
Our continued commitment
Although we’re making progress every day, there’s still more work to do and we remain committed to becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. One where everyone feels a sense of belonging and it reflects the customer we’re here for and the communities we all live and work in. Our progress may not always be linear, but we’re building a sustainable foundation where we’ll be able to meet the needs of our evolving organization, society and our employees’ experience.
This is just the beginning of our journey. Download and read our full 2021 DE&I Impact Report.